My first day at college
Life is full of strange experiences, good and bad, happy and sad. Some of the experiences are just
unforgettable. I can never forget the first day at my B.ed  college. It was a day of thrill, joy and excitement. It
was tough for me to wear a saree on the first day. But it was compulsory. So I entered the college gate
wearing saree with my father. I stepped in, I was so nervous. All were invited to the college auditorium by our
seniors. At sharp 9:30 the program started. Our principal Jyothi Raj sir provided further information about
our course, curriculum, exams, programs etc. After that, sir invited us to introduce ourselves on the stage. For
me, it was a tough situation because I’m terrified of speaking in front of such crowds. But it was necessary. So
when it was my turn, for the first time, I stepped on the stage to introduce myself. I introduced myself
stressfully. It was a nice experience for me which I never thought I could have ever done. 

The college has a great reputation for result and success because of the dedication and determination,
support and motivation from the principal and teachers. From that I felt that it was the right place for me and
later it turned into a second home for me.
















FIELD VISIT REPORT
On 09.07.2019, a colourful and memorable field visit was organised in our college. The visit was whole day
programme. We started our visit from college at 10. There were three places for us to visit. At 10:30, first we
visited CPCRI Kayamkulam situated in Krishnapuram village in Alappuzha district. It was established in 1948 by
Indian Central Coconut Committee. In this research centre, we had to get an appointment to the senior
scientist of pathology department, Mr. Rajeev. He helped us to get relevant information about the research
centre. At first we investigated the disease affecting coconut palm with special emphasis on the root will
disease. Researched on pesis and studied nutritional and agronomic aspects to develop effective crop
management practices and ways to resist the root disease. Transfer of technologies, development by the
institutions of farmers, extension workers and other clients through regular training programs, group
meetings, lean meals, demonstration and distribution of extension publication. 
From there secondly we had visited Shankar’s Art museum. It was a nice experience to traverse the entire
museum as we witnessed Shankar’s artworks which included several political cartoons and sculpture of
different artists. This museum is a tribute to cartoonist Shankar. He was a political cartoonist for several
decades and the museum gives us an opportunity to the public to have an insight to the life of Shankar
through numerous cartoons. The museum is situated in his birth place Kayamkulam and is maintained well by
Kerala Lalithakala academy. It really is as feast to those who are interested in creation of Shankar and other
noted cartoonists. Finally from there, we arrived at Krishnapuram palace. It was built in 18th century by
Abraham ThirunalMarthandaVarma(1720-1758 AD), Travancore kingdom. It is built in architectural style of
Kerala with garbled roof, narrow corridor, dormer windows, near Krishnaswamy temple at Krishnapuram.
Many kerala style paintings seem in the palace, a distinctly placed mural painting is titled
“GajendraMoksham” of 154 sq.ft(14.3m2) size in Kerala. The double edged Kayamkulam vaal(sword) is also on
display there. It is a  treasure-house full of ancient and bronze stone sculptures and coins etc.
CONCLUSION
Our field visit ended by 03:00 pm. It was successful. We gained more knowledge about various historical
evidence. Art and craft painting and agricultural problems and their proper solutions. We thank our college
principal and other supervising teachers  for providing such useful and informative trip.





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

virtual Gandhi Jayanti celebration 🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳